Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Whoa Doggie! (no pun intended)

I felt numb this morning as I posted the update about The Dog, but life has gone on and we are all surviving. I even managed to remember to pray away the anxiety and guilt that reared its ugly head from time to time.

I've asked the girls to think of why we had The Dog for a year, what was God's purpose in it? I honestly don't know, that's why I'm asking a five-year old! Most of the time kids can look at situations in a much simpler way than we can. I'm thinking we made a huge mistake and God can redeem our mistakes and make all things work out for the good of all who love Him and on and on and on....... The kids are just like, "maybe we were just supposed to love her when she wasn't easy to love".

Whoa. Now that's deep. Perhaps that's why we are instructed to "become like a little child"!

I love being a mom. We joke that our kids bring out the worst in us, but honestly, they bring the best out, too. Sticky kisses and whispers at bedtime.....and simple little answers to seemingly complex questions! Thank you, God for trusting me and teaching me with three precious treasures!

No comments: