Monday, January 12, 2009

But...But....But, It Was Farm Show Weekend!!

First, the bad news.....
No surprise there since this was what I was doing on Saturday night....


I should be done digesting the Farm Show cuisine in the next day or so and be back at break even. After weighing myself I was inspired, so I did a little Super Hula Hoop:

I did try something that I think will work well. As a family, we are adopting #2's eating habits of eating s-l-o-w-l-y. We tease her, but she doesn't have an ounce of fat on her (the Wii yells at her if she loses any weight). I talked to the pediatrician today and we were working on improving #3's eating habits. She suggested we have her put her fork down between bites and give her only a small portion of food to start with (then, if she gets seconds it is really still her firsts). I was skeptical putting these tiny portions on all of our plates, but everyone felt satisfied and I actually watched how we eat. #3 and I basically INHALE our food and had to be very conscience of slowing down and, you know, actually, CHEWING our food. We had so much food leftover after dinner I was shocked!

That, and I am really trying to drink more water. It is hard for me to do this when it is cold outside. I have no problem guzzling except in winter when all I really want is a gallon of coffee and a pound or two of warm rice pudding with a dollops of whipped cream and cinnamon sprinkled on top.

This is going to be harder then I thought.....

Click HERE to head on over to the Created and Called blog to join the "challenge"!

No comments: