Saturday, September 15, 2012

College and SUVs and Stuff

Geesh. It's been so long since I blogged that I barely know what I am doing in Blogger! It's so updated and streamlined. And, I'm not.


I am only blogging as a diversion from doing my final assessment for my Business Management class. Ugh. College sounded like so much fun two years ago. The honeymoon has worn off. I have seven classes left and I everytime I have to do an assignment I wonder what the heck I was thinking signing up for this. I'm actually listening to Justin Bieber right now. See? It's worse than you thought.

If you are under the age of 25 right now and have not gone to college, go sign up. RIGHT. NOW. It is not meant for 42-year old mothers of three. Nope. It is best if you just go now. Major in anything. Just go get a degree for the love of college. It isn't pretty doing what I do. Ummm...It's Saturday night and I'm blogging about not wanting to finish a final and now I'm singing along to vintage Edie Brickell. Scary, isn't it??

And on an unrelated note, 197,208 miles later, I'm car shopping. I figured I may get more money on a trade in if I don't have to actually TOW my van into the dealer. I may cry on that day I say the official good-bye. It sort of, but not really, reminds me of putting my cat to sleep. I've had this van since December of 2004. Many a car trip has been taken in my swagger wagon, lots of wonderful memories in this van we fondly refer to as "Stinky". However, I am going to be graduating from a mini-van and into a Honda Pilot (SUV). It just screams that my all my kids will be leaving home one day soon and I will need a vehicle to transport lumber and my seven show dogs (isn't that what people do when their kids leave home??). Oh. I don't really like this whole "my kids are growing up and leaving me" thing that seems to be looming on the horizon. I mean I like them the way they are now. No need to grow up.

You know what I really want to be doing now? Reading the third book in the Hunger Games series. But, if I bring it in my house, nobody will have food or clean clothing until I finish reading it. I'm really not kidding. The first two books were so good.

Lastly, I will leave you with this random thought that I’ve tried not to entertain. Take your kids to Disney when they have free dining. Because every time I think of Christmas that's all I want to buy for my children (and me).

Okay, break time is over. Time to write an essay on Alderfer’s ERG theory and Herzberg’s two-factor theory. Stop being jealous. Not everyone gets to do such cool things on a Saturday night.









No comments: