Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Love is in the Air....

It's been awhile since I've posted...and, it has a lot to do with re-evaluating my priorities. I also have temporarily deactivated my facebook account. It's a long story that can best be summed up as a choice to invest in the face to face relationships inside my home versus looking at yet another picture from 1980-something that conjures up memories of a girl who was lost and living a life outside of God's perfect will.

It is in this season that The Husband and I have focused more on our marriage, including making it a priority to pray together everyday. We haven't always done that on a consistent basis. We pray individually and as a family, but not very much as a couple. You know, marriage and parenthood are 24/7 responsibilities and I don't mean that in a burdensome kind of way. I know that I need to be more in tune with what my family needs from me. That's when I realize the "extras" need to go on the back burner for awhile. And, it is an honor to lay it down for the people I love.

2 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Wise choice! May your marriage become even more "one" then it is already. You are blessed!!!

Anonymous said...

Mellisa, I love reading you blogs, i wanted to pass this on to you. I hope you are feeling better.

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER
By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Pretty is as Pretty does... But beautiful is just plain beautiful!