Friday, March 13, 2009

Moving On

After a disappointing day when I realized a trip to Disney is not in our near future, I am slowly bouncing back. I felt like I was grieving! And, I kept telling myself it was only a vacation, for heaven's sake. The Husband looked relieved like maybe he wasn't all that excited to go to begin with. The kids (particularly #1) were upset, but when I told them how much it would REALLY cost us to go, #2's eyes got big and she said, "Well, there is no way we are going to go there and spend that much money just for Disney World!". We all agreed she was right....$2700 for five nights and 6 days was way more than what we could afford.

So, I'm re-grouping and we are probably going to be heading to Busch Gardens, VA and then down to south Florida (my generous aunt and uncle gave us an extra night with our 2 rooms on Ft. Lauderdale Beach). I am really thankful to take any vacation at all, to be honest.

2 comments:

Livin' Life said...

I am so sorry to hear about that. I totally understand about the finances. Last two years we were able to go to Myrtle Beach because of a great blessing but this year even with the blessing it is just out of our budget. We are going to be doing a lot of camping. Like you said it is about getting away with the family. I do feel terrible for you guys. I know you were all looking forward to it. I will be praying for you guys.

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi, I'm new on your blog.

My friend Beautiful Grace wrote on her blog that you have a March birthday... so here I am wishing you May God draw you closer to His heart this new year of your life!

My best friend's son works at the Busch Gardens in VA which you mentioned in your post.

Blessings on your day, Melissa.