Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Not the Age, It's the Attitude!

Forty arrived a week ago today. I felt like queen for a day and got to spend the day celebrating with family and friends. A few days later, I promptly went out and bought a pair of Aeropostale sneakers (I would've bought a t-shirt, but since their XL is made for someone who weighs about 105 pounds, I stuck with footwear). That'll show people who thinks she's forty!

I also got my new haircut. Something layered with long bangs...and, I've been wearing a Silly Band that #3 gave me. That's almost as good as having my own WebKinz. And, my Silly Band glows in the dark. If I get any more cooler and hipper, I may need to go buy a convertible. I'm just sayin'.....ha-ha!

It helps to spend time with the teenagers in our youth group! Tonight, we danced, jumped, shouted, hugged, prayed, and ate pizza together. There is something invigorating about recognizing and encouraging the destiny in someone's life!

Celebrating forty years is such a gift! I appreciate the days more....each one is so packed with the potential to make a difference in someone's life. I don't know about you, but that gets me pumped!

No comments: