Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Forgot to Say No "Tag Backs"

Classic Mama tagged me back from my meme and wants to know my favorite 7 movies. I'm not sure if this is really accurate because I'm tired and might accidentally forget one! They are in no order.

1. The Rookie - love this movie...if you ever feel like you are too old or too anything to go for your dreams, then this is your movie!

2. What A Girl Wants - I cry at the ending every time and the music is fun in this Chick Flick. Amanda needs to cover her belly and gain a few pounds, though.

3. Top Gun - classic Tom Cruise before he weirded out and did vampire movies. And, the song Take My Breath Away....yeah, I still like that song. I had the entire soundtrack memorized the summer before my junior year of high school.

4. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - Disney's version and NOT the low-budget BBC version. Fabulous soundtrack and effects. And, the part where Peter drives his sword through the ice gives me goosebumps every time. He transforms into a hero in that moment (despite what Susan screams at him) and there is so much symbolism in this movie I can just watch it over and over again.

5. The Sound of Music - I never get bored watching this movie...Julie Andrews is captivating.

6. Hitch - I'm not sure I've seen a Wil Smith movie I haven't liked, but this one is my favorite! The dancing at the end of the movie is like the icing on the cake.

7. Shrek - it's just so funny for kids and grown ups! I was so anti-Shrek when the movie first came out, and oh my word, the humor can be gross, but you can watch each movie three times and realize you missed something subtle, yet hysterical, the first 2 times you saw it! I like the gingerbread man.

Honorable mentions - Steel Magnolias, Rain Man, Star Wars, and both Toy Story movies.

There's the top seven list....my criteria was based on if I still would sit down and watch these movies today. And, again next week. And, again after that! Yes, I definitely would!

Anyone else can consider themselves tagged!

No comments: