Thursday, December 18, 2008
What Can I Give a King?
* My cards are mailed (most of them).
* My gifts are bought. Many wrapped and all the out-of-town ones shipped today.
* The cookies, truffles, Yule Log and toffee are in their air tight containers waiting to be delivered to co-workers, coaches and teachers.
* Tomorrow I turn in my Angel Tree gifts and Saturday we bless a single mom and her kids with a slew of gifts some friends and I gathered in lieu of our own gift exchange (the highlight of our Christmas this year).
* My house is (reasonably) clean and decorated.
Yet, I sit here and know there is still something more I need to do. What gift will I give to Jesus this year?
What can I give Him? What do I offer up to the One who gave it ALL? Can I follow through with the desires of my heart to worship Him in all that I do, only to fall short and miss the mark?
Lately, I am so very much aware of my inequity and my NEED for a Savior. Grateful doesn't begin to cover how I feel. It is in that moment I decide what to give Jesus in celebration of His birth and in response to His extravagant love for us. I want to carry His fragrance with me. Like a refreshing perfume. I want to be an overflow of Him...a vessel....so, I can give Him away to others.
That's the gift that keeps on giving....