Sunday, January 4, 2009

Good Times

As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. Tomorrow morning the kids return to school and I go back to a normal work week. And, I'm a little sad.

One of the hardest parts of sending my kids to school is the influence it has over their attitudes. It "segregates" them into their own age groups, which makes it difficult at times for them to see the point of view of someone older or younger. That was always one of my big arguments when we home schooled. They had much more patience for one another. All this to say, that #1 actually, by her own choice, wanted to play with her sisters rather than IM on the computer the other day. And, while babysitting, she played with them and painted their nails instead of just letting them watch TV all morning while I was at work.

It made my heart go pitter-pat. I'm praying that we don't take any giant steps backward from this place we are in. I'm also praying that #3 transitions well back to school....she's been so relaxed over the last few weeks. I'd hate to see her get stressed out, although, she started to get upset last night and today about having to go back. I know that I'm going to miss them a ton, so I can only imagine how she must be feeling. We're already checking the calendar for our next day off school and praying for a few snow days, too!

No comments: