Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Here Wii Go!

Because I’m totally into public humiliation accountability, I have decided to join Natalie on her weight loss quest for all the Internet to see.


This is my Wii Fit. I am "Big Mama". Do you see my belly bulge sticking out of my purple shirt? I tried to accurately create my Mii character.

So, there are the hard, cold facts. You see my numbers all over the chart....I'm a bit of a roller coaster ride (that chart looks like the recent activity of our stock markets).

I'm shooting for a BMI of 25 and as the chart shows, I need to lose 24.5 pounds. The question that remains is: What's my plan? I doubt a few minutes of virtual hula hoop each day is going to do much.

To be continued.....

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Love your Wii self. And, I think your Wii chart is much better than my scale. I may have to slide over to Becky's and see what her Wii fit has to say about myself. And if the virtual hula hoop things does work out, let me know. That sounds right up my alley!

I'm not sure I have a plan either but I'm trying to slowly piece together a better lifestyle that will not set me up for failure. Eating only carrots and beets will not cut it in my world, but I can probably make no soda fly. Although we were at Target this morning and it was SOOOOOO tempting to grab a soda on my way out and like I do every time I'm there. Instead, I drank water and helped Josiah eat all of us Cinnamon sugar pretzel.

Clearly. I need a tweak my plan.

Beautiful Grace said...

Hey, you guys might be interested in the USDA's website @ http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/Default.htm

You can enter the food you eat and it automatically gives nutritionaly information, including calories, and it can keep track of your activities and automatically deducts the calories you burned. I love it. It also has a section with smiley or frowny faces to let you know how you're doing with the various food groups. Right now I have two frowny face for milk and fruit groups.

I like this program because it makes me think about what I'm going to eat before I eat it and it keeps me accountable because I don't like to get frowny faces.

Even if you're not trying to lose weight it's good because it helps one eat more healthfully.

Livin' Life said...

I love your Wii picture I should go take one but am not feeling up to it yet.