Monday, May 18, 2009

Ready To Dream Again (Part 2)

God's anointing and His favor tend to accompany His dreams for your life.

How exactly does that work? You have to be a firm believer that few things are coincidental. Yet, how can I wrap my brain around the theory that God orchestrates the circumstances in our life, while at the same time we are using our own free will? Ouch. I think I just pulled something.

(In the event you are wondering why this is "Part 2", you can click here to read the first part.)

I happen to believe EVERYTHING the Bible says (I'm not one to agree with those who say "most" of the Bible is true). I can't form a doctrine around something that does not line up with the Word of God or something I know nothing about. I can't simply believe the "happy" scriptures and ignore the warnings that we will face trials in life, etc....By the way, I do have a point to make...I'm getting there......

So, if nothing is coincidental and what the Bible says is always true then......

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

Where I am is not always where I am going to be. Where I was is not what defines me. Christ in me is my hope, my joy, my peace, my righteousness....I cannot have an identity defined by my past, my current circumstances or my disappointments. But, God can use those things to prepare me for the destiny He has for me. Does that make sense?

So, when His favor and anointing meet up with the dreams He has placed in me there is fulfillment. But, what about the times in between that? I'm learning to be content there, to seek Him and allow my faith to grow. And, to be so very grateful for whatever the current season is and the purposes it has in the fulfillment of God's destiny on my life.

1 comment:

Mrs. C said...

Girl...these last two posts have been rock solid.

Really good stuff. And I agree with you about the being content during the "in-between" stage. Not always easy that's for sure.

It definitely a faith builder that's for sure.