Do you ever flashback and remember life before you were responsible for anyone besides yourself? It seems so long ago and while I wouldn't trade being a mommy for anything I never pictured myself doing any of these things.....
* Checking homework while brushing my teeth or going to the bathroom. All while trying to make phone calls to get volunteers for a PTO event. Hold on, Mrs. Jones, I have to spit/flush.
* Allowing my children to vomit in my hands so it does not get all over the car seats which are a major pain to take apart and clean.
* Sleeping perched on 2 inches of mattress while my child lays spread eagle in the middle of MY bed with all of of MY covers.
* Singing the Star Spangled Banner at a grasshopper's funeral.
* Finally getting the kids to bed and The Husband gives me "The Look"; however, the only "look" I can manage to give back to him is a Deer-in-the-Headlights Look because I have to go bake and decorate 24 cupcakes to take into school the next morning.
* Getting out of the house to spend a few hours at a luxury spa only to be consumed with thoughts of...what will the kids eat? Will they drink enough water? Will The Husband make sure they don't watch too much TV? I should stop and buy milk on my way home. I wonder what time #1's ortho appointment is on Friday.....etc..... so much for "relaxing".
However, the last and best thing I never considered before having kids is how much they have captured my heart! They really are a blessing from the Lord and I am so grateful to be called Mommy.