Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Little Live American Idol Blogging


Lee - (Kiss from a Rose by Seal)......You rock. Randy and Simon are just being mean kitties. You sounded amazing, as usual, and that was a great song choice for you. You and Crystal will make it down to the final two and I must say you are starting to pull ahead as my favorite after weeks of being a close second behind Crystal. I cannot wait to see your duet with her tonight.

Big Mike - (Will You Be There by Michael Jackson).....I think they have a place for you on  Broadway....but, not American Idol. Sorry, my big, intimidating friend. I did like the song choice though and your voice sounded very good, but the judges feel you are becoming too predictable. I'm wondering who peed in Randy's cheerios tonight, however, I enjoyed Simon's confusion over the Free Willy connection.

Lee & Crystal (Falling Slowly) .....oH. mY wORD. Thank you American Idol for pairing up these two for a duet. You both need to go on the road together, get married, and have a bunch of musically talented children. I must agree with Kara....that was probably one of my favorite moments of the season. I am going to need to re-play that one. And, no worries, Crystal....we all have a musical crush on Lee. Even my husband.

Casey - (Mrs. Robinson by Simon & Garfunkel) .....You were okay. I feel so bad for this guy because the Cougar has just caused such awkwardness. Loved Ellen's comment about wishing they had given him a big boy guitar. I have to totally agree with Simon. He just didn't deliver tonight and except for that glorious golden hair that I personally would like to have, he just doesn't stand out anymore.

Crystal - (I'm Alright by Kenny Loggins) ....I thought that was an interesting song choice given Caddyshack is such a deep and dramatic film?? Then, you rocked my sox off! Hello Simon? She was never out of the game. It was nice to meet your boyfriend. I had pictured a pale, emotionless Bohemian in a black turtleneck, not a cute guy in American flag pants.

Big Mike & Casey - (Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman by Bryan Adams)....I prefer Casey's hair in a ponytail. I felt a little creeped out hearing Big Mike sing some of the lyrics with such a tight, close up camera shot. Ellen, I'm sorry, but we don't really need to hear that you've loved a woman. Ew. Stay funny, perky, and G-rated, please.

Who do you think is going home?

No comments: