Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back to School Panic Attack

Wow.  I just received my "learning module" for my my first class at Elizabethtown College that starts in two weeks and I got a little nervous.  Actually, all the spit dried up in my mouth and I felt Amazon killer butterflies attacking my stomach.  Each of my five-week classes are "accelerated", but in a scary, will-I-ever-get-to-sleep-more-than-three-hours-a-night kind of way.  I also have not heard back about my Financial Aid.  Talk about a leap of faith...I know me and I can't believe "me" is doing this! I know I enjoy that fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of feeling, but this is a little crazy even for me! I'm noticing I seem to be on the hyphen kick tonight, too.  But, that is completely random and unrelated to the chaos of trying to buy books online and by some miracle, actually read most of them before the first class.  So, we can discuss them.  Like....I actually have to talk in front of strangers.  And, a professor.  Lord, help me.

Eventually, after I finished reading the 16-page document we can call my syllabus, I began to feel at peace again.  A little encouragement from my family helped, too (but, I'm wondering how encouraging they will remain when I get home from work, throw together some grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and leave them a list of chores to do as I either dash off to class or lock myself in a room to write a fifteen-page research paper). I hope and pray they still adore me when this semester is over.....and, really, it's not like it will be like that EVERY night.  I hope. I refuse to relinquish my title of Super Mom.  The joy of the Lord will be my strength.  I hope.

I've said it before many times...sleep is over-rated. 

No comments: