Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Finally Hitting Me

Call it exhaustion.  Or, emotional overload.  Maybe it's relief.  Or, feeling like I played a part in something bigger than any of us thought it would be.  I'm not sure.  I just know that the tears are starting to fall and I'm trying to keep quiet since there are four extra girls spending the night to celebrate #2's eleventh birthday.  Maybe, all the extra estrogen is contributing to my tears, too?

Today, Brandon's video was chosen as the winner of the Great American Video Contest and he is on his way to Cincinnati as I type. He will be attending Sean Hannity's Freedom Concert.  His video will be shown at each concert across America.  That means hundreds of thousands of people will see me bawling while I make out with my husband on a giant screen.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around our "fifteen-minutes of fame".

I am so happy and excited for Brandon and praying that this just leads to more opportunities for him to showcase his amazing God-given abilities.  As for me and The Husband....well, we aren't going to be quitting our day jobs anytime soon!  I realized along the way it stopped being about Brandon winning a Jeep and us being seen by thousands and became more about the people whose lives were being touched and honored by this one-minute film.  I love when God brings a bunch of people together who are focused on His kingdom and teachable.  That's when the real "magic" happens.

Thanks for voting and all your encouragement! To God be the glory!

No comments: