Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Another Wrap

I have this hobby that I really, really like. It's called acting! And, like most hobbies the first few times aren't the best, but then hopefully you start to get the hang of it. There are so many reasons why I like it, but I think part of it is the challenge of trying to pull off a certain character. Just last week I found myself in the role of a nurse at an abortion clinic and that was a tough character to imagine because:

A. I could never be a nurse...too messy.
B. I think abortion is wrong. Terribly wrong.

However, with The Husband playing a mad shooter in the clinic trying to kill an abortion doctor (or was it all a dream? Hmmmmm?), it all seemed so real. For awhile I was really running from a crazed gunman. And, I'm anxious to watch the part where he "shot" at us in the hallway because I nearly came out of my skin and tripped right over #1 who was playing a young patient in the clinic. And let me tell you, next time I'm asking for a stunt double because the only thing underneath that carpet was a cement floor! Ouch!

In the end, it was a long day, but whenever I am finished with a film or a show it is exhilarating and I can't wait for the next one! I used to feel silly admitting that! Where have us grown ups gone wrong in thinking that something as fun as playing pretend isn't worthwhile unless you are a professional making money at it? I know a lot of people who golf or knit for fun and don't get paid! :) Why not acting, right?

Here are some sneak peeks from BH's latest project...the scenes outside probably made a few people driving by nervous to see a guy in a black trench coat shooting at a doctor running down the road! And, my scrubs were two sizes too big and kept falling down so that also made it a bit more challenging!





Remember you saw it here first!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm curious to se it all edited together. :) Actually, I'd still love to see the other one we worked on. :)