Friday, June 20, 2008

I Knew I'd Make a Good Talk Show Host!

I also knew I didn't have an accent!! I don't do these quizzes very often, but I've often wondered if my PA Dutch upbringing gave me any funny accent in addition to bizarre phrases that make out-of-town people raise their eyebrows at me when I say them. My poor husband used to get so confused when I'd say things like "Well, I'll just do this awhile". He'd be like, "Awhile what? Finish the sentence!". I honestly had no idea what he was talking about! It always made perfect sense to me (and, some of you are probably thinking the same thing!). He had no idea what it meant to rootsh around in your seat, either!

Well, anyway, this quiz was fun. Thanks Hands Free Heart!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West

Boston

North Central

The Inland North

Philadelphia

The Northeast

The South

What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

1 comment:

mama2dibs said...

I thought it was funny when people told me I had an accent, but it Quotes me as being Inland North. Growing up only two hours from Lake Erie, this makes sense. I guess you learn new things every day. :)