I can tell you we already:
- had a surprise party at the mall with a scavenger hunt, followed by a trip to the pool with her friends
- went to Hersheypark as a family
- ate at Olive Garden and picked up a friend for a sleepover on her actual birthday
I can tell you to finish up her birthday week celebration we will be:
- going on a Mommy / Daughter shopping spree with her birthday money and gift cards (just in time for back to school, although spending $50 in Claire's gift cards will be interesting!)
- having some family over for her "at home family party" complete with all her favorite foods - deviled eggs, fried queso cheese and macaroni n cheese, chocolate chip cookie cake
As for my middle daughter turning nine...wow! She is every bit the blossoming preteen, but extremely mellow and easy going. The only time you don't want to mess with #2 is when she is tired. That is scary. Other than that, she is laid back and fun; although she loves attention in the form of "Hey, look at this!". She is such a little ray of sunshine in our family!