Monday, April 13, 2009

Daddy's Little Helpers

I was thinking.

God could just stretch out His hand and fix everything if He wanted to. 'Cause He's God.

But, He lets us help Him. Not because He needs the help, but because He wants to connect with us in the process.

When I bake brownies I ask my girls to help. Not because I need the help, I'm perfectly capable of making brownies all by myself. And, even though they make a mess when they crack the eggs, we usually have a good time working together and the finished product is delicious.

Isn't God like that, too? He encourages us help Him, even when we make a mess sometimes, because the experience draws us closer to Him and the outcome is something we can be proud of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful comparison!

Thanks!!

@pril G said...

I love this post!