Tuesday, February 23, 2010

For the Ladies....

...this post contains large quantities of estrogen and emotion. Guys should head over to ESPN.com today so nobody gets hurt! haha!

I'm posting deep, woman thoughts. The things that go through our minds, even when we don't even realize it. The way it makes me feel all adventurous listening to Taylor Swift sing about dancing in the rain in a parking lot (even though in reality when it's raining and I'm in a parking lot with my kids I'm just running and shrieking frantically to watch for cars and hurry up). Girly stuff....like pretty dresses, chocolate, fuzzy socks, and wondering who would play the part of us in a movie of our lives.

Do you ever really think about being a woman? Isn't there still some degree of little girl inside of us or is it just me? I hear a song and it inspires me. Or, I can be reduced to tears in moments from a touching story or an episode of American Idol. It's this uncanny ability women have to connect. The sad thing about most of us is that we dream big, then sell ourselves short. We walk a line of wanting to be needed without being taken advantage of...or, find ourselves taking advantage of others. We still feel insecure, jealous and petty, but hopefully, through the years we recognize the pain that results when you feed those feelings. And, is it so wrong to want to be the heroine and to be beautiful while you save the world? I am a blessed woman who adores my husband and kids, but sometimes wonders if I did enough to show my love to them at the end of the day. Did they "get it" when I made a favorite meal or texted them a random smiley face or did I stress them out rushing from one activity to the next like a drill sergeant on a mission?

I'm not professing to have the answers to any of those questions. I'm just thinking and being random. I'm also grateful that God knows the real me. No mask. No pretense. One day He had an idea. That idea was me. And, you. He knew exactly what He was doing when He created us. The pain, the dreams, the victories, the circumstances, the relationships, the disappointments, the girl drama, the emotional highs and lows....He already knew. He gives us a story to tell, unapologetically.

What's your story going to be?

No comments: