Friday, March 12, 2010

More American Idol Rambling

Anyone watch American Idol last night? You know....the show where you aren't really the most talented singer, but you get to be in the Top 12 because you're cute? Yeah...that show.

I really can't complain too much since my three favorites made it in (Crystal, Lee and Andrew in that order). But, with Lily being sent home over Katie last night...that just goes to show you who is texting in their votes.

Girls with David Archuleta and Justin Bieber posters hanging up in their rooms.

And, that worries me that my top three may be going soon despite the amazing talent and diversity they have brought to this show. Because...welll....how do I say this....they are are "old"? American Idol is like counting in dog years, so if you are over the age of 21 you better start singing songs that younger people know and love. All I have to do is watch my own kids watch AI. They love Aaron (age 16), and admit Katie doesn't sing as good as the others, but they still like her and #1 insists that Tim will stick around longer than Andrew because "girls like him, he's got pretty eyes". Singing....psshhh. Overrated!

Thus, the drama has sucked me in for my first season ever and it is quite extraordinary how far they have all come in such a short amount of time!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm not happy about the results last night either. I liked the 2 guys that were sent home. I think Tim definitely needs to go.

My favorites are Big Mike, Andrew, Crystal, and Lee (not in any certain order).