Sunday, March 21, 2010

(Not So) Revolutionary Weight Loss Secrets - Part Two

To read "Part One" click here....

I picked a bad day to finish writing this post. Except for playing tag with the kids at the playground and the "L" and "T" of my breakfast BLT, I was not a very healthy person today. However, perhaps that will make me seem more real. And, perhaps, I gained back six of the sixteen pounds I lost and my results, unlike Nutri System, are typical.

Weekends are the two steps back for every step forward I seem to take. Busy, social, fun and lacking any of the normal weekday routine, I have a much harder time sticking to a healthy lifestyle. I will find a way to overcome this....I just haven't arrived, yet!

I can still share with you some tips that work well the other five days of the week. Specifically, I am referring to water and sleep. These are both very good ways to win the hunger battle. When I feel like I'm craving something unhealthy or in large quantities I grab a water bottle instead and chug. If all else fails and I feel like I must grab the chips or ice cream, I just go to bed. Yes, even if it is 8:40 pm, I go to bed. Ever since I went on the Daniel Fast earlier this year and cut out the caffeine (which I now only consume about half the amount I used to prior to the fast) I sleep more. I have very little problem laying in bed at night trying to fall asleep, in fact, my mind starts to nod off sometime around 6:30 pm. I find myself driving at night sometimes wondering which kid is where and how do I get to them....just kidding (98% of the time). This increased sleep allows me to arise and shine after only hitting my snooze button about four times when the alarm blares at 6:00 am.



My final suggestion is to weigh yourself like the woman in the picture. Haha! I stole this picture from Beautiful Grace! Really, my remaining tip is to sneak in the exercise. When I can't make it to the gym, I can play tag at the park, jump on the trampoline, or park my car further away in shopping plazas. Even #3 said to me today, "Hey Mom, let's just walk over to that other store, it's good for us!” Plus, enjoying the physical activity with my family or being outdoors puts me in a better mood!

Obviously, as I mentioned above, I have not arrived at my goal, yet. I may have suffered a bit of a setback this weekend with all the junk I put in me, but I really am not discouraged. I will be back at the gym tomorrow and I'll pack a big salad for lunch. If I want it bad enough, I will make it happen. It is really just simple math when it comes down to it. I have to burn more than I am taking in. No secret, no easy way and no one can do it for me! However, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

No comments: