Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've Come to the Conclusion...

After everything that #3 has been through, I'm convinced she is going to find a cure for cancer or evangelize a nation or something that is going to affect like 1.7 million people. It has been so difficult to watch her be tormented over the last several months. The scripture about our battles not being against "flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities" is being played out in my very home on a daily basis.

So, I think to myself, why is the devil trying so hard to shut her down? Because he's scared.

That just makes me pray harder and believe God for the testimony at the end of this ordeal. We have our good days and our bad days and our horrific days. I've had people ask me why I haven't pulled her out of school. I can only say to them that God isn't telling us to do that and that despite the anguish there is peace in my heart to stay on this path. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! She still throws up every day, but the school has agreed to let her skip the dreaded lap if she comes out to recess late. She actually woke up this morning and cheered because it was raining so she knew there would be no outside recess.

Sad, huh?

It could be if I stopped there. BUT, God is not finished with this story. He will have the final say and as a result, His kingdom will be glorified. She is not a pawn in some game that God is playing. He loves her more then I ever could (which I can't even begin to conceive). He is good and He is perfect and so are His plans for all of His children.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me think of a lyric from the Tye Tribbet song, "I Want It All Back" where he says to the devil:

"If you only knew what I was gonna be after the storm you wouldn't have even bothered me."

Good stuff!

Natalie said...

You're a good mama!

Livin' Life said...

You are a great mama and we will be praying for you. For some reason we got similar attacks going on here. So as I stand for my kiddo I will also be lifting up #3. You are right, these are history making kids and satan is scared to death.