Monday, November 17, 2008

Welcome to the Quiet Before the Storm Hits

That line from a Toby Mac song keeps running through my head this morning.....

#3 is home from school today. She is miserable.

I requested an appointment with the school principle who in turn wants to have #3's teacher and the guidance counselor sit in on the meeting (Thursday). Hence....the quiet before the storm. I told The Husband he has to come with me so we can provide a united front against what I know will be a defensive teacher and protective principle. What I am hoping to tell them is that #3 will not be returning back to school after Thanksgiving because she will be attending a small Christian school whose teachers do not intimidate their students. ok....maybe I won't word it quite like that.

Or, maybe I will.

I'm waiting to hear back from the Christian school to see if they have room for her, as well as allow her to sit in on a class this week. She is praying that they have room for her. I am praying that we can afford it if they do! And, I am trying not to be bitter because of the downhill direction this year has gone. Sometimes it is hard to have such high expectations because you're bound to be let down. But, last year and #2's current year have been going so well, I just came to expect the best from the school...despite my own clashes on a PTO-level with some of the adults!

So, I'm anticipating my trip to the principle's office about as much as being sued and heading into the courtroom to try and defend my child. I am praying that I keep calm and look at this situation through the eyes of God. My goal is not to tear down and point fingers. I just hope the feeling is mutual.

I am called to be a light....I need to remember that. Now, I have to combine that thought along with the instincts of a mother bear protecting her cub and hope the result is effective!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be a light.

Sometimes, light is blinding. Sometimes light, when concentrated, can burn holes in objects...

Ultimately - light shines and exposes that which is in the dark.

Livin' Life said...

I will be praying. I just got back from a counseling session with Shaggy over the whole not wanting to go to school. I totally understand the pain of it all.

Beautiful Grace said...

Holy Spirit, give You wise and perfect counsel in this situation. Drive away all fear and confusion and infuse all of the oH mH wORD family with the perfect love that drives away all fear and leaves behind ONLY perfect peace!!! Your Will be done, Jesus!!! AMEN!!!

This Journey of Mine said...

I feel bad for #3 AND you. I've been thinking alot about her circumstances, and thru some other things that are going on in my own life, trying to decifer what God wants for us when it comes to suffering through issues. I'll pass along what He gave me recently. I had a dream and in it was Psalm --:71 and 73. So the only Psalm out there that has versus 71 and 73 in it, is 119. When I read it, 71 said,It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. And 73 said, Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.

I'm learning that my afflictions have been good for me to learn His ways better and His love better.

Be strong but TRUST God. Even in the midst of your (and #3's) struggles there is much to be learned about Him. Longings and struggles lead us closer to Him.

Relating to your frustrations, in a different way. You and your daughter are on my heart!

Much love!

@pril G said...

Good news: there is a positive way to handle this situation. A way to honor the authority of the principal, to be sympathetic to the teacher and to make your point.

Better news: Jesus will show you what this looks like.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. Staying tuned & praying for you!

your number one fan. @

Beautiful Grace said...

How did the meeting go?