Sunday, March 9, 2008

Yes, I Did It!

The Husband took me out on my first 4-wheeling adventure on Saturday and it was GREAT except for....
  • The rain
  • The 15 degree temperature drop (after we got rained on)
  • The snow (my helmet did not come equipped with windshield wipers)
  • Rear ending The Husband on his ATV (he thought I was ready for the "advanced" trail)
  • Hitting a tree at the same time I rear ended The Husband (that freaked me out a little so we got back on the "easy" trail)
  • We got lost and our map disintegrated from the rain (and we had no idea how to get out of the forest)
  • My soaked and frozen feet from getting out and walking up a swampy hill that I was afraid to drive up for fear of flipping over backwards
  • No cell phone coverage (so we didn't even bother to bring them)
  • No water bottles (we forgot them in the truck)
  • Disturbing thoughts of wondering where our last will and testament was located
After much prayer, we finally found the parking lot and changed out of our wet clothes with the heat in the truck cranked on high! It was just about dusk and we had been out in 36 degree weather riding soaking wet for 2 hours! It was like Survivor - Antarctica. Only I didn't have to eat a squirrel or anything. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't wait to go back!! In June. When the sun is out. With a GPS. And, water.

Good times. Really.

4 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

You are absolutely hilarious!!! Thanks for the morning laugh!!!! Bless you and your wonderfully, beautiful family!!! :)

Livin' Life said...

I am so proud of you!!! Now I know who I can take on my extreme adventures. What should we plan next....I am itching to go white water rafting this summer.:)

The Gang's Momma! said...

Let me get this straight: you changed clothes IN THE TRUCK?! Girl, I knew I loved something about you! Did changing in the truck delay your return home by any chance? wink, wink!

I know, I'm bad and I go right to the gutter. But hey, it's not the gutter when you are married, right? :)

You go, girl!

Melissa said...

For The Gang's All Here:

Hahahahaha!!!! It wasn't our truck!!! In fact, it was a pastor's truck so.....ewwwwww.....no, we stayed focused on the task at hand!!! You are a riot!

Btw, I was so cold I would have changed my clothes in the open parking lot. Modesty was not an issue....avoiding hypothermia was the only thing on my mind at the time!