Saturday, March 8, 2008

Welcome to the PAR-TAY!

Ultimate Blog Party 2008

I'm all about par-tays and this is one I won't have to clean up afterwards!! For those of you stopping by for the first time, I will give you ten random facts about me and then some links to other posts that define me. These are in no order of importance.

1. I am a PTO, soccer loving mother of 3 absolutely wonderful daughters whose various extracurricular activities leave me breathless running from one to the next.


2. I like watching and participating both on stage and behind the scenes in theater. I have given birth to 3 children who can say the same thing.



3. I am not shy. In fact, I talk too much. Again, my 3 daughters have inherited this trait from me.

4. I love Jesus Christ and make a very conscience effort to share His love with others. I love praying for people, especially catching them off guard like in Wal-mart and restaurants and watching their whole countenance change.

5. I met The Husband in Florida and we moved up north when my oldest daughter was a baby. I love where I live, but I miss the beach like crazy. Especially days like today that are cold and rainy.

6. A good sense of humor is essential in life. If I could not laugh about the predicaments I've gotten myself into, I would have surely lost my mind by now.


7. Coffee and fountain Diet Coke. If I were stranded on a desert island that is all I'd need (besides my family and a Bible).

8. I hardly watch TV, but I'm a big reader. I like Christian fiction, particularly historical or suspense. I get them from the library by the dozens for me and GAS (my grandmother who lives with us). Then I stay up way too late reading them.

9. I really enjoy being a mom, even on the days when it feels like the life has been sucked right out of me. I think it is the most important thing I can do to contribute to mankind. I firmly believe that a lot of the problems we blame on the government really boil down to the disintegration of families. I am going to pray and do whatever I can to help remedy that situation.

10. I really like coffee. And, fountain Diet Coke. I thought that was worth mentioning again and I'm running out of things to say.

Here are a few of my favorite posts.....The Dog,
prayer, a funny story about my youngest, and everyone loves a good vomit story.

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

jayedee said...

nicetameetcha! i'm jayedee from florida! party on dudette! lol

Mocha with Linda said...

Blogger is driving me nuts today!! Too many error messages!

Anyway, so glad to meet another blogger who loves Christian fiction (love historical fiction too!) and coffee! Stop by my blog for a cup and a visit!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you! Enjoy the party!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Welcome to the party!

Linda

Julie Donahue said...

Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm a mom of 3 also, but only one girl in the mix. I love Christian fiction. My mom used to buy EVERY new book that came out. I'd go to the book store and call her and ask, "Did you see the new,,,,," Her response, "Got it. Read it. It's waiting for you." Then she retired and I had start buying my own books. (gasp!) Stop by my party when you can!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

From one Melissa to Another HEY THERE!!! I love your blog and can't wait to come back to visit soon!

If you get a minute stop by Mel's World at http://www.melissamashburn.com

Chanin said...

Nice to meet another mom of all girls! I have 4 myself! Stop by and say hello when you get a chance!

Gerbil said...

Your dog cracks me up!!!

Mocha with Linda said...

Glad you returned the visit and to find another Angela Hunt "groupie"! :-) Did you know about her blog?

mama2dibs said...

Isn't it strange how fountain pop and can/bottle pop taste different? But it does. I enjoyed your site.

Kimberly said...

Wonderful to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog party today!

Name: Jenni said...

thanks for visiting my blog! It's so nice to meet other moms who have 3 girls!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Isnt' it great to party when there is nothing to clean up? I think I will host ALL of my parties virtually from now on... think that will work?? Maybe not. How cool it is that you are into theatre... I would love to do something like that.

Well, have a great rest of your party week!!

Lisa said...

Greeting from the Gulf Coast of Florida. If you are feelin home sick head over to my blog. I posted a picture the other day of my girls at the beach. In fact, there are pics of us at the beach scattered all over my blog! Where is the north are you now? I am originally from MI and I miss the cold rainy days! Nice blog. Happy blog partying! :)

Pfingston said...

Allow me to say hello, I'm a very bad thespian . . nice people like my mother say "No your not!" to which I reply - I've tried and in a small town have been cast in the chorus one to often to fool myself.
Well, I'm gonna do sommore shmoozing, so Party ON!

Unknown said...

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!