Thursday, August 23, 2007

The "Other Woman"

She follows The Husband around constantly looking at him with those pathetic puppy dog eyes. She isn't always very nice to me, she seems to merely tolerate me most days. Wherever The Husband goes, she goes. At first I thought it was cute, now it is starting to become annoying. If he goes into another room that she does not have access to she whines and cries until he comes back.


Yes, it's The Dog.

Not to mention her crate (for those of you without dogs that is a cage with a blanket in it that she's calls "home") is in our bedroom. Thankfully, we are both in full agreement that she is not allowed on any of our furniture because I have no doubt that she would wedge herself between us and shove me out of bed most nights.

I had the brilliant idea of putting that fabulous laminate that looks like hardwood floor in our bedroom instead of carpet. Well, you try to have an intimate moment with your husband while dog nails make it sound like a 102 pound hermit crab is pacing around your bed (click, click, click, click, click, pause, click, click, click, .......). As if the Disney Princess towels hanging in the window aren't enough of a "mood-killer" on top of the clicking, how about when The Dog finally stops pacing, sits down towards the foot of the bed and passes gas louder than your Uncle Joe after Thanksgiving dinner.

Oh my word.

That's why I'm a cat person.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

:) You made me laugh.

The Gang's Momma! said...

you are a nut! certifiable :)

Beautiful Grace said...

You are so funny!!! :)