Friday, August 3, 2007

Let the Countdown Begin

Unlike most parents, I am beginning to dread the first day of school. I am really going to miss my kids. Having such a hectic, stressful summer has not helped. If I don't get to Hersheypark soon I may just wither away.....



Ok, not really. But, I am now concentrating on making these last few weeks of summer vacation fun for my wonderful, precious daughters!



I do wonder if the "Mommy Guilt" will ever end? Will I continue to second guess myself through the teenage and adult years of my children? I am consistently asking myself, "Did they watch too much TV today?"or "Should I have played Candylane instead of reading my book for a few minutes?" or "Are they in too many activities or not enough?"......blah....blah....blah....blah.........



Now, I can add "Are they going to be okay in new schools, public school no less?". Oh, I know I need to trust the Lord with all this, but let's face it....no one ever intends to mess up their kids, but it happens! I don't want a lifetime of regrets, I want to live each day with them as though it is my last.



On a positive note, I hardly ever raise my voice to the "yelling" stage anymore, especially after this. I know that has to be an improvement!

2 comments:

Promises said...

I know that you read Natalie's post the other day that you are the best Mom for your kids! I also believe that as you seek God, He will direct you on what to do with your kids and when. (this is good advise for myself!)

No parent is perfect. You are a great Mom - and I am glad that your voice is getting better!

The Gang's Momma! said...

You are a super mom - mostly because you care enough to ask these very questions! We all struggle with the "am I doing this right?" and you know exactly where to go when you do struggle. Your joyful, exuberant, and humble heart make you a great MOM!

And I'm with ya on the dread of the end of summer. I feel like most moms look at me blankly when I confess that I wish summer was longer - I love hanging out with my kids, love this stage of life we are in, and love the easy access I have to them and their sweet little faces. I tell them I'm busy getting all my hugs and kisses in now, cuz school makes it hard to just grab a hug when I want one :)