Thursday, August 9, 2007

Not Feeling Like Myself Lately

I haven't felt like "me" in such a long time. The carefree, happy-go-lucky, joking and smiling me. It seems as if the fearful, cynical, serious and confused side of me is holding the other side hostage. I find myself questioning why am I like this, even on good days. Worse, what if this is who I am becoming? I hate to think that I'm so shallow that a lack of a good job and all the house issues (aka circumstances) are having the power to change my personality so I can only resort to one other theory......

The devil is so afraid of us that we are being bombarded with heaviness and hopelessness like never before. But, the good news is, the same power that resurrected Jesus from the dead is ALIVE in us (I keep saying "us" because The Husband is going through this, too). The Bible says we are not fighting against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities. Translated to mean we are not fighting against a lack of finances and a new job, we are fighting against the powers of darkness trying to knock us out the game.

It ain't gonna happen. I am determined that we are only going to grow and come out victorious as we cast our cares upon Him daily. We are definitely not Super Christians and certainly not the only people on the planet the devil wants to destroy. But, I have to tell myself that this "thing" that I'm feeling isn't real, it is just an attempt to distract me from living the life Jesus has called me to live.

Now, if I can just shake that icky feeling......

2 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

As you know, I do know what that feels like. Different set of circumstances, same author, aka, the evil one.

Having walked with Jesus through many of my own circumstances, I can say with all confidence...when the storm is the most fierce, minister to Jesus, however the Holy Spirit calls you to minister to Him. For me it is usually singing and dancing. In past, I actually have had to make myself do it, but the reward is that Jesus comes in the midst of the storm and gives peace. He is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Blessings!!!! :)

Kelli said...

I agree with Beautiful Grace. To get your mind off the circumstances and on the Lord is the greatest way to beat hoplessness and heaviness. Keep speaking the Word you know is true. And hey, school of ministry is right around the corner, dear. You'll have a whole new group of people to stand with you soon. :) We love you and will continue to lift you up to our overwhelmingly gracious Father's throne.