Monday, August 6, 2007

I've Outdone Myself!


Here is a picture of the birthday cake I made for #2's party tomorrow......

.....in my dreams!!!!!

Oh My Word! I'm just kidding. I'll be picking up a little something special for the poor middle child at Giant tomorrow! Cakes like the one pictured are reserved for the first born of the family, although I must admit I did make a pretty sweet hula dancer cake 2 years ago for #2's pool party (if you didn't get a good look at her backside that was crumbling apart).

But, I wasn't just finishing up the most major move of my entire life 2 years ago, so a homemade hula cake seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'm praying for God to bless me with visions of fun activities and general slumber-party "funness" (that is so not a word) while I sleep tonight. We have an interesting group of girls coming, one that #2 just met at a VBS last week (I keep wondering if her parents are wondering if we are pyschos because I would NEVER let my child sleep at someone's house I have known for less than a week). It was bizarre even inviting her and even more bizarre that they said yes. Oh, well, lucky for them we aren't completely out of our minds.

Most of the time.

Anyhoo (or, is it anywho?), I'm hoping Giant has some sweet girlie girl cakes for us to choose from tomorrow because Wal-mart had NOTHING of the sort tonight. Wal-mart continues to live up to my low expectations, but that's a whole other post altogether.

No comments: