Thursday, August 2, 2007

Happy Birthday, Speaking Freely!



We celebrated Speaking Freely's birthday last night at our new "crib". Her best birthday present arrives tomorrow.

This lady is a huge blessing in our lives and I thank God that our paths crossed 2 years ago! She is blowing out a candle on her blueberry dump cake which is not only delicious, but VERY easy to make......

4 cups fresh blueberries tossed with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sugar in a 9x13 pan. Pour a dry yellow cake mix on top. Melt 1/4 cup of butter and pour that on top of the cake mix and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until lightly browned on top. Serve warm with ice cream.

Yummmm!

2 comments:

Promises said...

That cake looks delicious! I am not a huge berry pie person, but maybe cake would be different!

I would love the recipe for the pear cake - I made the pear crostata tonight - that is SOOOO good!!!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Sooooo, did you make the chicken recipe? How did it turn out? MMMM, I'm making myself hungry, reading about blueberry dump cake, pear cake and chicken on the grill. Off to forage thru the fridge :)