Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A Good Time Was Had By All


#2's slumber party was a lot of fun. The night flew by with a whirlwind of activities mostly conducted by #1 and her BFF. When the Aly and AJ and Jump Five CD's came out this is where The Husband and The Professor could be found......

....in the garage....it was much more manly in there, especially with the big, black dog.

The 11 girls danced, sang and ate like a hoard of hungry locusts. I wish I could tell you they were all quietly tucked into their sleeping bags asleep by 10pm, but, half of them could still be heard well after midnight. One in particular asked to have her mom pick her up around 11:30pm. I think it may have had something to do with the horrible thunder and lightning that were shaking our house almost all night. The Husband and I jolted awake at 3:50am and rushed around the house making sure everyone was ok because it sounded like something exploded. I had 5 seconds of terrible thoughts of terrorist attacks and then 15 minutes of terrible thoughts of lightning or a tornado hitting our house.

I'm a little tired right now.

I think I'll be treating myself to a well-deserved nap this afternoon.

2 comments:

Promises said...

Who knew that when we stayed up so late at night at a slumber party that our parents did not get a good night rest! Hope that you catch up on your sleep soon!

The cake was very pretty! Giant did a great job!

Beautiful Grace said...

What a brave woman you are to have had all those little girls overnight!!

Hope you had a good nap!!!

Good to see you last night.

I'll be at Youth Explosion, I want to make it a point to get to know your daughter more.

Blessings :)