Sunday, March 16, 2008

Daddy's Little Girls

I had the amazing privilege of being a part of THIS on Friday night. I won't get into the details since Beautiful Grace did a wonderful job explaining what took place. I will share this with you though (and, you may need to read more about the event before this makes any sense to you). So, click on the link above and then come back.

Ok. Are you back? Good. Now you know that I helped at a "Princess Party" for senior high girls at our church. I was not sure what to expect and I had a semi-hands off approach when helping with our youth before. I'd talk to the few kids I knew or bag popcorn or most likely, complain to The Husband about the occasional bad behavior I observed in our Youth Group and how we can put a stop to it.

Just being honest. God forgive me.

Well, a strange thing happened Friday night that has been brewing since our Youth Staff Retreat. My heart has become much softer towards these young people. I felt this overwhelming compassion rise up inside of me as I watched these girls pour out their hearts for a variety of reasons throughout the night. It dawned on me that these young women face the same intensity level of spiritual warfare that I do, if not more, on a daily basis and some have very little support, both spiritually and emotionally. They desire the same holiness that I desire. They make mistakes and I make mistakes. Essentially, we are all little girls in need of a loving Father and these young women need to EXPERIENCE the unconditional love of our Father in Heaven (He'll use us to demonstrate/teach them that). They need to know that they cannot replace that intimacy with anything else, whether it be a sweet-talking boy or an addiction. And, so often our girls grow up and never fully realize Who they were created for. Do you know? Have you stopped to think for a moment today Who you have been created for?

We have not been created to merely survive motherhood, or even life for that matter. No, it is so much more than that. We are brides of the King. And, as a bride, we can live expectantly! Our Bridegroom is ravished by one look from us, so what is keeping us from him? Is it fear? Comfort? Control? Unforgiveness? I'm going to spend a few days just meditating on this and letting it sink into my thirsty soul.

3 comments:

Hands-Free Heart said...

"ravished by one look from us" - now that one is just sinking in. I'm going to sleep on it tonight. I know it's true, and yet, like you say, what is keeping us from him? It's quite a motivator to set aside the busy-ness and give him that one look just to see his ravished love!

Livin' Life said...

That was just a great thing for the youth. I am glad to hear you guys are working up there in Youth. We will be sending our Knights up there soon to join your princess's.

That was just so awesome!!

Beautiful Grace said...

Hey, thanks again for your help on Friday night!! You and your hubby are an awesome asset to our youth department. We appreciate you!!! Blessings!!! :)