Thursday, March 6, 2008

This Old Gray Mare Just Ain't What She Used To Be

For the love of summer! I was so disappointed to wake up to frost on my car window this morning. I do believe I border on seasonal depression because I've felt so antisocial and "blah, leave me alone" for the last two months. And, that is so not like me.

I don't know if it is age related, but I'm becoming less the life of the party and more inclined to curl up with a good book in bed (I know all of you who saw me at church in my blond wig and sunglasses last night are like "LIAR, LIAR!!"). I've wanted to throw a couple good par-tays, but when I start to plan them it just seems like so much work. I can't even believe I'm typing that because I LOVE TO HAVE PARTIES!! I also think I am missing Susan since she moved and ADRI-ran since her and Rocky started pastoring another church. Susan definitely would be inspiring me to do something if she were here.....

But never fear, the adventurous side of me is apparently alive and well because I am going out 4-wheeling this weekend, much to The Husband's delight. Pray I don't drive myself into a tree or another unfortunate 4-wheeler who drives too close to me. I strongly believe The Husband has been interceding for this day to come, that I will try it, love it and authorize the purchase of a 4-wheeler for each member of our family, including a side-car for The Dog and/or GAS (do they actually make such a thing?). I am merely interceding for my body parts to remain intact because, as I reminded him as we fell asleep last night, I am somebody's mother.

2 comments:

Jennwith4 said...

LOL! I hope you will have fun 4-wheeling. I went once as a teenager and loved it and would LOVE to go again.

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love that profile pic. My oldest at 4 already does the same look.

The Gang's Momma! said...

cracking up, again!

I'm feeling similar pangs - like I said last Friday, what happened to our party animal selves who lived for Friday nights and rockin weekends? This aging with dignity thing stinks :)