Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I Just Love the Fourth of July!


I love living in America. We have our share of problems, but this country and everything it was founded on is the greatest. We are so blessed to live here and we don't even realize it on most days!

I love the brave men and women who fight to protect us and our future generations. The idea that they would lay their lives down for strangers just blows me away. In fact "lay their lives down" sounds so mild....instead I should be more exact by saying they would allow themselves to be shot, tortured or brutally murdered for their country. I don't think I could do it.

I love fireworks and patriotic music. I love red, white and blue. I love the smiles on my kids faces as they look up into the sky watching the fireworks. I have a hard time tearing myself away from staring at them to watch the fireworks! There is something almost magical about the experience.

I love the history of the USA. I never get tired of hearing stories about how our country has grown to what it is today. Yes, some of it is sad, but every bit of it is a testimony of God's amazing grace and mercy.

I love our freedom. I love the opportunity. I love the melting pot that it is. We are so blessed!

No comments: