Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Love This Man


The Husband is setting out to apply for a 2nd job this morning. My heart feels like it is breaking, yet at the same time I have peace in knowing that God will honor his desire to provide for our family. I also keep reminding myself that The Husband was accustomed to working over 40 hours a week when we used to own restaurants and he was a truck driver. Oh, who am I kidding? That doesn't make me feel any better! That was one of the reasons he stopped doing those things!

In any case, we have to do something so this seems to be the next logical step. I am so proud of him for doing it with a good attitude and for being open to what the Lord has in store for him (and us)! The Lord reminded me yesterday of the story of Ruth and how it demonstrates God as our "kinsman redeemer". I felt compelled to sit my girls down under a big shade tree at the playground and tell them this story. God is our redeemer.....I want to concentrate on His Will during these hard times and not concentrate on the hard times. Ruth did a pretty good job of that (and, I certainly don't want to sound like Naomi; though I can hardly blame her .....not having been in her shoes).

I do know that God has a plan and His plan is good!

2 comments:

Promises said...

You have a very special husband - and the Lord will take you through all of this. We are praying for you!

Krazy Klingers said...

I know what you are going through my husband works 2 jobs to provide for his family and he never complains...unlike his wife (me). We are praying for you! I believe God is going to bless you more than you could have ever imagined! I know you think your attitude stinks but I think you are handling this far much better than I would.