Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm Ready for Another Season of Pyscho Soccer Mom Madness

I'm sick. I feel awful. My head is stuffy and I just want to lay down. Then when I lay down, I just want to get up because I have so much to do. I actually called off sick to work today, both jobs. I have to teach my first Girls Night Out class tonight at church so I'm trying to rest my body and my brain so I can entertain a well organized thought. A difficult thing to do even on a day when I'm not feeling like my head weighs an extra 80 pounds.

I never did give you the answers for my trivia questions. They were Queen Elizabeth, Jerusalem, peas, once, and Tony Dow.

I took #2 to soccer try-outs last night for the traveling team. Oh My Word! #2 was one of the youngest ones there and I'm not sure what planet she was playing on but it didn't look anything like the Planet Soccer the rest of us were on. You see, she's a defense player. She's got a great BIG kick and she's quick. At try outs though, there are no "defense" players or goalies. ALL you do for over an hour is run around and try to score goals. So, what did #2 do all night? She was the only one that pretty much hung out in front of the goal and hardly ever went after the ball to try and score. Then, when it went out of bounds, instead of quickly kicking it back in play she would wait for someone to get "open", she would wait 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 minutes......it was all I could do not to stand up and scream at her to just KICK THE BALL TO ANYONE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND RIGHT!!!

Okay, just thinking about it is working me up if you couldn't tell. Friends, NEVER take your 7 year old to soccer travel team try-outs when you have a nasty head cold and PMS at the same time. She knew she didn't do so well but I tried my best to encourage her and give her some pointers. Pointers like, "Honey, when the rest of the team was dribbling in the circle why were you all the way on the other side of the arena where the coaches weren't even watching?" or "Sweetie, next time you try-out you need to run after the ball instead of waiting for it to come to you and when you kick it back in DON'T KICK IT RIGHT TO THE OTHER TEAM AFTER 6 MINUTES OF DELIBERATION, but really Sweetie, you did just fine.....". Oh, yes. Pray for my kids.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Thank you for teaching Scarlett tonight you PMSing head cold case of a soccer mom. :) She had a great time. We love you!