Did I just type that? Has it honestly been that long since I graduated from high school? I remember my mom going to hers and I thought "Man, she's old"!
But, I'm not sure if I'll be attending, yet. The cost is $60 per person. There is a 3-hour open bar so you know what that means??! Woo-hoo! Three hours of unlimited Diet Coke for me! I should have quite the caffeine buzz working as a result of consuming my favorite beverage all night. Seriously, I hate open bar. Two hours into any event with an open bar you can't have an intelligent conversation with at least half the people there. And, it's just not safe. People drink a little more responsibly when they empty their wallet after a few drinks, but when it is like an alcohol "buffet" that's another story.
Each of our reunions there is a memory book. It is contact information and a little blurb about what you've been doing the past 20 years. This question made me chuckle:
What would people be surprised to know about you?
I'm not sure if I could sum it up in a few sentences because this is what most people who haven't seen me in twenty years would be surprised to know:
- I don't drink alcoholic beverages
- I don't smoke
- I'm faithful, physically and emotionally, to my husband
- I don't curse like a drunken sailor
- I don't judge people by outward appearance and say mean things
- I love Jesus and being involved at my church
- I love being a wife and mom
- Pick a hair color, any hair color
- Pick a weight between 125-203
- I like playing and watching sports (watching my kids play sports, that is!)
- I only listen to Christian music and Hannah Montana bubble-gum rock, with a little High School Musical thrown in