Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm Getting Old But at Least I Have a Lovely Bedroom

Life seems to be moving at the speed of light. How did I become the mother of a 6th grade middle schooler, 2nd grader and kindergartner? How?!! My kids were just toddling around last week, right? These thoughts hit me as I helped #3 put on her shoes as I thought to myself, there is only one more child of mine left that can't tie her shoes. Yet. The day is coming. Only one of my kids rides her bike with training wheels and that too will be coming to an end. Perhaps, I'm more nostalgic now of these "lasts" because when I had my "last" kid in diapers I couldn't wait to be done with that! And, at the time of #3's baby "lasts" I had another preschooler and 2nd grader to distract me, who were still so needy themselves.

I really don't feel old. Most of the time. My gray hair now comes in patches instead of the occasional stray, but I still don't think of myself as a seasoned parent. Many days I'm nearly as frazzled as if I was nursing a baby talking on the phone while cooking dinner. Nowadays, most of my frazzled moments are in the car driving to soccer practice while studying #1's vocabulary words, talking on my phone to The Husband, eating a bagel. Which, if you have not gone to Panera and tried their breast cancer bagel with cherries in it STOP what you are doing and drive there NOW to get one. I have a Baker's Dozen in my freezer and they only sell them the month of October. No cream cheese necessary, it shouldn't be called a bagel...it should be called dessert. I think it is officially named the Pink Ribbon bagel and did I mention that it is insanely delicious?

On a totally and different random note (because this is how I think), the rest of my new bedroom furniture arrived yesterday. Can I tell you how absolutely divine my bedroom looks?! I've had the same antique, roughed up bedroom furniture since I was 15 years old. This has been a treat. It is modern and delightful and with my Woodwick Candles burning on top of my chest last night it was extremely romantic. And, of course you know I'm talking about my new CHEST OF DRAWERS, not my actual chest, right? oooh....that would hurt.

I think I'll leave you on that note. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: