Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm Posting So You Know What That Means!

During soccer practice last night I walked for 35 minutes minus the time it took to push #3 on the swings a few times and a quick trip to the port-a-potty. So, since I exercised last night and already worked out with my good friend, Denise Austin this morning I am allowing myself the reward of blogging! Yay me! By the way, have you ever noticed that Denise and I have the same hair cut....she wears hers straighter than mine and it is obviously blonder, but there are definite similarities there (besides just our rock hard abs!! hahahaha!). Our workout today was at some tropical resort, which of course reminded me of the cruise we took November of 2005. Sigh.......it's enough to make me want to get a job stocking shelves at Wal-mart on the midnight shift to save money to go back. Well, not really, but it would be nice.

While I walked around the soccer fields last night I thought back to when soccer had started and we were in the pre-moving stage. I feel as if that was about 40 years ago. I'm not sure there is much of the same Melissa left anymore. I'm not sure if that makes me happy or sad. I've taken on this sort of numbness that isn't bad, but just seems so unlike me. Maybe I'm growing up and maturing! I told a friend on the phone last night that I feel as if I'm in a constant state of PMS. Now is supposed to be my "happy" week and I'm feeling that familiar battle against being frustrated. Sure, we have about 4 different fundraisers running simultaneously around here for various activities. And, yes, we lost 2 library books and I have to deal with that, and yes, I have to write a letter to appeal the claim that was rejected by our health insurance company for #2's pediatric urologist appointment in August, and sure, we have no health insurance until December. So what if The Husband rarely works less than a 14-hour work day and I had to miss my PTO meeting last night so I could take #1 to worship practice and #2 to soccer practice.....blah, blah, blah....I AM A BLESSED WOMAN!! I mean it! I feel like I shout this to myself 27 times a day and I do believe it, I just have to be reminded.

I am going to do what God tells me to do by only thinking about things that are excellent, noble, pure and praise worthy. Like the fact that #2 is enjoying soccer again. And, the fact that The Husband has a job we can actually live off of. And, that #1 made the yearbook team. And, that #2's teacher asked me to plan the fall party so there are no Halloween activities. And, #3 is already learning to read and write in her first few months of kindergarten. It's all good!

It's all how I look at it.

2 comments:

Krazy Klingers said...

You so bless me with your blog. I love your openness and honesty. I can honestly say I receive a heart check almost every time I read your blog. Keep up all the good work exercising!

Promises said...

I understand what you are saying - my circumstances are different, but the Lord has been working in me too. There are quite a few things going on in my life that sometimes tries to bring me down, but I am asking the Lord to help me to not allow my circumstances to run my emotions. I agree with you - I am also very blessed! I have to focus on all that the Lord has done in my life! Sounds like you are doing that too!