Saturday, November 17, 2007

Extreme Home Makeover - My Worst Nightmare Edition (O.K. Not Really!)

The Husband, who I do really love, has decided to finish our master bathroom which was only partially remodeled when we moved it in July. It had dry wall and fixtures, but it needed to be sanded, painted, trim put up..... all that jazz. The teensy problem is his timing.

For all you moms out there...do you remember when you were pregnant and that "nesting" instinct kicked in? Those last few months you wanted all your ducks in a row and you only wanted to leave home for dire emergencies like, let's say.....childbirth? Well, a little, tiny bit of that nesting instinct hits me when the weather turns cold and I must start the preparations for Christmas merriment. And, you know what? I don't want my bathroom to look like this while I AM SUPPRESSING THE NESTING INSTINCT:


By the way, that is not a beer can, it is some funky energy drink The Husband was testing out.

I must curl my hair in #2's room or the downstairs bathroom (which is nice and all, it's just so far away from MY THINGS and I like to be near MY THINGS). I had to put my make-up on in the kid's Mickey Mouse motif bathroom...the one I would curl my hair in if there were any electrical outlets. I had a very difficult time thinking how strangely bizarre it was to be putting make up on with Mickey Mouse everywhere, yet I have no problem peeing in that bathroom.

But, I am excited that my new color is perfect and tropical and I hope to soon clear out my cluttered bedroom where all the bathroom things are living now....cluttered bedroom does not help the nesting instinct. Nope, it sure doesn't.

How many more days 'til Christmas?

1 comment:

Beautiful Grace said...

Hey, I'm excited to see the renovations on the 1st, that is if it's completed. :)