Saturday, November 3, 2007

We Are the Champions!


Warning: there is some serious mom bragging in this post.....

#2 and her team clinched the top spot today in their last regular season soccer game. We play a tournament in 2 weeks and indoor practice starts this Wednesday, so I guess you can say that we're hard core now.

I know this season has had its low moments along the way from try-outs to melt downs. And, to be honest (and, somewhat shallow) if they hadn't done so SLAMMING AWESOME this season we would be done with the whole travel soccer thing. I told you, I'm just being honest.....

The bottom line is, I'm hooked. I totally enjoy the games and #2 really enjoys playing. And, she's good. Finally, I feel like we are getting to know some of the families and we've bonded in our strange, soccer-you're-on-my-team-this-year-but-it's-every- girl-for-herself-at-try-outs-in-the-spring kind of way! We've also been praying about this and for now, we feel like it is okay to continue on. Carefully. Prayerfully. One season at a time.

On a disappointing note, our team always chants and makes a tunnel for the other team to run through ("2, 4, 6, 8 who do we appreciate, blah, blah, blah...") and today the other team looked right at them (coaches included) and ignored them! I was stunned at their lack of sportsmanship because our girls ran through the other teams' tunnels all season long whether they won or lost. Our coach did a wonderful job of addressing that so the girls didn't feel as if they had done something wrong by forming their usual tunnel. Thankfully, the fact that they are the DIVISION CHAMPS didn't leave them lingering on anything negative! Woo-hoo!

I'm impossible. I know.

No comments: