Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Greatest Show on Earth



This circus really lives up to it's name. The star of the show, Bello, whom I had never heard of before today was what tied this already amazing show all together. It was worth every penny; although I was not about to shell out $12 for cotton candy that came in a doofy clown hat that would have found its way into next year's yard sale box.

This was the first "real" circus my kids have ever been to and they were thrilled. I could've watched just their expressions all night and left a happy mom! Their only comparison was the cheesy circus that performed at our local town's park in the middle of a thunderstorm a few summers ago. The trapeze guy was also the guy selling snow cones and the poor juggler was having a very "off" night. It did make for a memory that can solicit a good chuckle!

We had a great time last night. I was a little distracted by the lack of crowd enthusiasm. I just wanted to get up and shout "Come on people! This is amazing stuff!". We all joke that Central PA is a little on the reserved side, but it actually bugs me. So, if anyone involved with Ringling Brothers reads this, I would like to apologize on behalf of our region and let you know that YOU ROCKED!

No comments: