Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Husband Just Can't Stop Doing a Happy Dance


Well, he's not really dancing. He's just thrilled. Why, you ask?

Because our house is always, ALWAYS so stinkin' clean it makes me crazy!

Aliens have kidnapped me and in their place have left an OCD clean freak who has now started working in the garden, too.

Oh, this is serious.

Some of you may need a little background information. When The Husband and I were dating he was fresh out of the Marine Corp and I was working full-time and part-time jobs and going to college. My organizational skills were more like survival skills and our different styles of housekeeping were like Clash of the Titans. He ironed and hung up his jeans. Putting clothes in drawers and closets for me was a waste of precious time when I could just grab them off my chair. When The Husband paid his bills he labeled each envelope with the date it should be mailed, stamp and return address and carefully filed it away. My bills were under all my clothes on the above mentioned chair and sometimes got paid and sometimes didn't depending on how much Statistics homework I had that week.

When we first married, it was not money we fought over. It was housework. Thankfully, over the years we have learned to meet in the middle. Having three kids has forced me to make my life considerably more organized and his more flexible!

But, nothing could prepare me for the woman I've become since we put our house up for sale. I like living in a clean, uncluttered house. I really, really like it. I never set my alarm clock, yet I'm up every morning at 6:30 am or earlier to invite the Lord into my clean house and chat over a cup of coffee. And, that my friends is a sprinkling of sunshine that lasts the whole day through!

I can't promise I'll stay this way (I already backslid today and hid a basket of folded laundry in the closet where no one would see it!). In fact, I will be happy when I don't look down and see some form of a Swiffer product in my hand (I only set it down long enough to type my blog). But, I am getting a huge kick out of seeing The Husband's reaction when he comes home to this sparkling palace each night. He looks like a kid in Disneyworld.

Don't worry, when the house sells, I'll let him down easy!

No comments: