Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm Not Always So Random


You may think I just randomly choose the music on my playlist. Nope. Whatever the current song on the top of the list really expresses what I'm feeling that particular day.

For example:

I don't want to be a flame....I want to be a raging fire......

What does it take to go from a flame to a raging fire? Is it safe? What are the consequences? That's what I've been thinking about this week. Here is what I figured I need to work on to achieve this.

1. Taking my thoughts captive and having the mind of Christ. Garbage (sin) and Christ can't dwell in the same space. Do you ever come across someone who just pushes your buttons or rubs you the wrong way? Yeah, God is dealing with me on that. He keeps reminding me that they are made in His image. Enough said.

2. Compassion. That's what moves me from wanting to do the right thing to actually DOING the right thing.

3. Time. I would have to say that Jesus was a raging fire when He walked the earth as a man. Maybe if I spend more time seeking after God that part of Him will rub off on me, too. Sort of like when I'm around someone with a Southern accent....pretty soon I find myself with a bit of a drawl and saying y'all.

So, there you have it. Probably more of an explanation then you really cared to know about my top songs! I'm finding out that being a raging fire isn't always safe, but if God is in it we can change our world for the better. If He's not, it's just destructive.

No comments: