Friday, June 1, 2007

Please Don't Hate Me


Some people call me a coffee snob. It's true.

Apparently I'm also a bit of an amusement park snob. We visited Knoebels today with our cyberschool and please don't be mad.....I was not impressed. I'm wondering if the reason so many people like it is that they have nostalgic memories as a child, because it can't possibly be because it's old, dirty and the roller coaster nearly chattered my teeth out of my skull!

I'm not at all into buying tickets for rides (it brings back haunting memories of Ocean City, MD where $50 in tickets will get each of my three kids 2 rides for the night)....ok....perhaps, I'm exaggerating a bit, but with 3 girls of various ages wanting to go on all different rides and I must compute IN MY HEAD how many tickets I will need.....OH MY WORD!!!! Someone help me before I explode. An all day hand stamp was not an option I considered since I refused to spend $60 on something I already get as often as I want with our season passes.

Knoebels could have had a jump up on my beloved Hersheypark if they would serve Diet Coke. They don't. I had to choke down Diet Pepsi. I guess I can add "soda snob" to my resume, too.

We did have a good time, but that was mostly because I got to spend time with my kids, Plain and Simple and Classic Mama, who just make me laugh whenever we're together (sorry about that flashback P&S, I still think you dreamed it).

And, we got free lunch. I'm all about the free stuff!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

:) I had a great time with you too. It's ok to like Hershey Park better. I mean, for you, it's free because I'm sure you've already made up for your season passes in attendance by now. :)