Saturday, June 9, 2007

Our Theme For Today is Pink

I have had a sunburn that just started to fade until another trip to The Boardwalk at Hersheypark (have I mentioned we enjoy going there?) yesterday. I've actually grown used to the pain, especially where my bra strap DIGS in, it's great, really. Sunburn means it's summer and my white ankle bracelet looks swe-eet on my reddish/white/tan leg.

Now, we have 2 cases of pink eye in our home right now....the first to bring home this lovely dose of communicable disease would be #1. Poor #1 leaves for Drama Camp tomorrow, but her doctor has cleared her and declared her noncontagious. #3 just showed signs of a swollen goopy eye and putting the drops in her wasn't pretty. In fact, if anyone would have been looking through our windows they would have reported us for child abuse. The Husband had her in a head lock, arms pinned with BOTH of us on top of her. I managed to get a few drops in as she was thrashing about, but I think she may have cried them back out anyway! She cries every time I tell her I am going to call the doctor because she doesn't want to "drink the yucky medicine". Honestly, if they weren't signed up for VBS on Monday I would just let her wake up with her eyes pasted shut and not bother with meds. But, with #1 at camp this week, #2 and #3 will need to go somewhere for entertainment! I'm thinking the VBS people may hesitate to accept my children with green slime running out of their eyes.

Well, if anything else pink turns up at my house I'll be sure to give you the full report!

No comments: